Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Honors History- Personal Reflection

1. I think that my successes as an honors student were my essays in general, but in particular my first few history essays. I thought that my presidential endorsement was of my successes because I had never written anything like that and it was a challenge. In the end I think I made it sound good and like a real presidential endorsement. Another thing I consider a success was reading all of my honors literature books on time and writing good quality essays through the prompts. I didnt just write a book report, I gave background information on the story while still answering the prompt.

2. If I could do this semester over again, I would want to work on my thesis statements and make them more clear and concise. On the Gatsby essay, my thesis wasn't detailed enough and that is a problem I think I have had overall with thesis statements and essays this semester. Another thing I would do want to do over would be making sure that my essay stays on topic and connects back to my thesis. Sometimes I go off on tangents and they don't connect at all to the essay prompt or thesis statement.


3. My goals for honors next semester are to continue writing high quality essays, work on the things I would've done over again and improve my writing skills. To achieve my goals Im going to just keep doing what Im doing as far as essays go since my essays have all gotten pretty good scores. To work on my thesis statements and essay structure, I think its all about being more aware of your mistakes and what you can do to change them, and I am now. To improve my writing skills I will continue taking Randys feedback and learning new skills in his class. (:

4. I like how we get to chose our own literature for our honors books with some suggestions so I wouldn't pick anything in particular to do. For history, I would want to study about the Cold War since I just recently learned that it took part in the U.S. It is one of the wars I dont really know about, but everyone always makes references to it so it would be pretty cool to learn about it in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment