Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MSB and A Walk In The Woods

In A Walk In the Woods, the author talked about all of these interesting facts and shocking things while telling his story about life on the trail. Some examples are 44-49 or 110-114. I think that I had a similar connection because through the research I did for MSB, I learned all kinds of new facts and some of them were shocking. Like the author, I knew about where I was talking about (he and the AT and me with the San Diego beaches) but through research and getting more involved (going to a Surfrider meeting, water testing, picking up trash on a boat) I gained a new awareness, concern and a type of respect for our beaches, and I think Bryson did the same.

Another connection that I had was through Bryson and Katzs actual journey they found all of these new places that they didnt know were a part of the trail. Throughout this project, I learned about all of these new beaches and coastal ecosystems that I didnt know were there. Just like how Bryson and Katz found the overly touristy national park (page 151), I found places like the river mouth, Imperial Beach, PB Point, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment