Monday, June 14, 2010

What Character Would You Bring To College?

If I could bring a character from a book we read to college with me, I would bring Doc from Cannery Row. I would want Doc to be an older student who would help me out my freshman year. In Cannery Row, Doc was always helping out Mac and the boys, and even when things went wrong with their party for him, he threw another one. He was always very forgiving and he even through a great second party and cleaned it all up. I think that Doc would be a great mentor because he is very smart and knowledgeable and he was always tried to help everyone out. He helped the boys get money when they needed it, even when he was hesitant to give them such a big job. He puts a lot of trust in the people around him and doesn't make judgments at all. In my Cannery Row honors essay, I wrote about how even though Docs house was trashed and he got mad, he moved on. I really admired how he was able to let bad things go; like forgiving the boys for throwing a bad party and letting all of the frogs get away when that was valuable money for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment