Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Who Would You Bring To College From History?

When I go to college, I would want to have Franklin D. Roosevelt be on of my professors. He has the experience and the confidence that ended up changing the state of the entire U.S. and he would be an excellent professor. In class I think he would say things from his speeches; like "the machinery through which such mutual aid and protections is achieved. Our government is not the master but the creature of the people." from his address to the nation in August of 1931. President Roosevelt would be a very realistic professor and would constantly remind us of important words from his inaugural speech "Only a foolish optimist can deny the dark realities of the moment."

I would have him teach international relations because I think he would have an very interesting perspective on government, the economy and how to work with other nations. He would also be a wise professor to talk to about our current economy, since he had to fix the nation in a similar way to the Obama administration now. I want a professor who is going to be real about politics and FDR would be. I can see him always quoting his various speeches to enforce the importance of truth in politics; like "This is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly" from his inaugural speech. With FDR as my professor, I would learn a lot about raw politics and how to run a nation in hard times as well as how to talk with other countries; which are all things I am interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment